Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas and New Years

Scotty and I traveled to Colorado over Christmas to visit friends and family, and of course had to fit some skiing in. This post is super random so stay with me. One of our stops was to Crested Butte to hang with Dusty, Annie, and Danielle. Unfortunately we arrived before the snow did.

Scott's parents gave us new skis for Christmas (yeah!) but we didn't have much snow to try them out on (booo!). I don't think I've ever seen CB this bad. 
We enjoyed staying in Dusty and Annie's amazing new home. I didn't take any pictures of the outside but the beams in the main room were pretty cool. 
Okay, back to Salida. I like this picture of Mike and Jane's house with the new snow. Isn't it lovely there?
Have I mentioned that they live on a quiet road?
Another day of skiing, this time at Monarch with Amy (Scott's sister). Definitely more snow there!
Yep, my new ski pants are hot pink.
Monarch took the 'magic carpet' concept found at many ski areas one step further by adding a top and calling it a caterpillar lift. Genius. We of course had to hop on to get the full experience.
I'm not sure why but I think that the annual Swantek Christmas picture is always my worst. Ugh.
Mike and Jane, Amy and Josh, Scotty and I, and of course Jimmy. Oh and Daisy the dog!
Jimmy liked his new shoes. Keens of course. 
Taking a walk around the neighborhood. 

Enjoying the sunshine.
Thanks Mike and Jane for the new skis!
Jimmy wondering why the crazy lady keeps trying to take a picture of him in his new shirt. 

Random post. Okay, back to Seattle. We unpacked for a few days and then headed right back out again to Crystal for New Years. Although I HATE hiking the King, I can't resist the tradition of hiking to the top of the peak every year to drink champagne and check out the view.

Ben and Allison enjoying the views, staying out of the wind, and drinking champagne. Yes, out of paper cups. Classy.
My last random picture. I discovered an antique accordion at Mike and Jane's that I was drooling over. They indulged me and gave it to my for Christmas! It looks fantastic in the loft. 
 

No comments: