Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas in Colorado

We had yet another lovely Christmas in Colorado with Mike and Jane. Before we left we continued our tradition of humiliating Buddy by making him wear the reindeer antlers.
Our first stop was the Denver Zoo, where they have 'Zoo Lights'. It's pretty amazing...I can't fathom that electrical bill. 

We enjoyed the elephants, both real and...

in lights!
 Our next stop was Crested Butte to see our old crew. A hairy Dusty showed us his AMAZING house that he's building with his wife Annie. We've already reserved a room for next year. 

We were able to sneak into Dusty's ski lesson with my old client Danielle, fresh from studying in Rwanda. Four months in Africa, and she still out-skied all of us. 

Annie Dyer on her 'lunch break'. Not too shabby.
We also caught up with newly engaged Travis and Christi. It only took him 6 years to figure out she was the one. I knew she was perfect for him after knowing her for 5 minutes. Sometimes guys are slow....
 Enjoying snowy downtown Crested Butte.
Crested Butte has been in the press lately for the amount of snow they received...it seemed like quite a bit of hype for nothing...it was sunny and beautiful the whole time we were there. 

The lovely view of Mt Crested Butte from town...

Next stop-Salida, where I crashed Scotty's day of fishing with the guys. Trying to cast...
A fish on the line! I was laughing so hard I almost didn't reel it in. 
Success! Then we threw the fish back in...
We were super busy on this trip, especially since the weather was so mild and the snow was awesome. Enjoying a day at Monarch with Mike and Jane. 

Travis drove over the pass to join us for the day.

Beautiful Colorado sunshine.

I often talk about Monarch having a run called Shagnasty. If you don't believe me-here's the proof!
The Swanteks get a HUGE Christmas tree, and we take the family portrait in front of it every year. MIA are Scott's sister and her husband. 

After living in our new house for a few years, we've finally decided what to do with our 'loft' upstairs. Our Christmas present to each other was new built-in cabinets, couch, and tv. It's super cozy.
  And since I haven't posted house pics in a while, here's a photo of our breakfast nook area with our banquette and new chairs. We're working on some pillows. 

Santa brought Scotty a decal for his truck...check out his website at http://www.swantekconstruction.com/. We're working on adding pics to his website soon.

 Merry Christmas!

No comments: