Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mykonos

Our second stop in Greece was Mykonos, which is known for being a party town. Of course, relaxing at the infinity pool was much more our speed. Yep, that's me.
Mykonos town has cute narrow streets.
This part of town is called 'Little Venice'.
Wandering around the streets of town.
Mykonos has an interesting vibe-it has designer stores and fancy hotels, yet this donkey wasn't out of place hanging in the harbor.
Pelicans are the town 'mascot'. I don't think I realized how big these crazy birds are.
Quaint church in town.
More amazing sunsets!
The lovely harbor.

The island of Delos is a day trip from Mykonos, and was our first experience (of many!) with Greek ruins. It was built 3,000 years ago as a place of trade and worship. The ruins are, well, ruined, but it's still interesting to see the foundations of what must have been a pretty amazing city.
These lions were once part of a sacred terrace.
Columns of what used to be a temple.

I hope you aren't sick of looking at ruins, as the fun continues in Nafplio!

No comments: