Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Las Vegas

Scotty and I traveled to Las Vegas last weekend for my second go round at the Rock and Roll half marathon. At the exhibition I was able to live my inner showgirl.
Katie joined me for the fun this year. Who wore it best?
The race is interesting, as there are 30,000 runners taking over a closed off strip at night. At the start line.

Our cheering squad-the Scotts.
Scott and Scott planned on watching us at the beginning, but missed us as we ran by. This picture makes me giggle.
Mid-run selfie.
The race wasn't as smooth as I'd hoped-I was battling calf cramps that kept me from training as much as I wanted. Katie was sweet and walked with me when I needed to, and we succesfully finshed (phew!). Our awesome husbands had margaritas waiting for us at the finish line. 
He's a keeper.
Post race night out. The race t-shirt said 'Run at night. Party until dawn.' For me it was run at night, party until 11pm. I was tired!


No comments: