Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Victoria

Scotty and I celebrated our wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. I put Scott in charge of planning the weekend, and he did a great job by surprising me with a trip to Victoria.
Victoria has a charming harbor, and we walked around. A lot. At one point our feet got tired so we took a water taxi home.
We stayed at the lovely Empress Hotel, which has a view of the water. The best part was the fact that they hosted am impressive Venetian style masquerade ball the night we were there. The costumes were amazing.
It's hard to see in this blurry picture, but this group were dressed up in their ball gowns and brocade for the event.
This lady had a gorgeous dress that she made herself!
Scotty surprised me again with a trip home in a sea plane. It was a cool ride, but heavy winds also meant it was BUMPY. I'd love to do it again in milder weather! Thanks for nine years full of adventure...


No comments: