Monday, May 12, 2008

Trusses


On Friday a big crane delivered our trusses. Scott informs me that trusses are what becomes the frame for the roof. I learn something new every day.

Scott and I were both at work, but Mike Swantek was there to supervise. Looks like it was quite a project.

I'm not sure if Javier is allowed to stand there, looks a bit sketchy. I'm happy to report that the day was injury-free.

In the afternoon Scott and Mike stayed busy moving dirt. Of course, it required renting some fancy dirt moving toy (or 'equipment' as they liked to call it).

Today they put the trusses on the house. It's really starting to take shape. It seems like we'll be ready to move in soon, but Scott tells me it won't be finished until October at the earliest. Thanks Ma and Pa Ellis for taking us in while we're homeless! The side view. You can see the bump-outs on the side and in front so the house won't be one big box.They finally built stairs! Phew.
Framing on the second floor: the guest bedrooms.
The roof framing above our master bedroom. See the vaulted ceiling? I didn't either...Scott just pointed it out to me.

No comments: