This week the hardwood floor contractors came back and applied a coat of finish. It looks amazing.

They also put the hardwoods on the stairs. Along with the newel posts, I think it looks stately. I just learned the word newel (it's the big post to the left in this picture) so I wanted to use it in a sentence.

We still have quite a few workers coming in and out of the house on a daily basis, so we covered our hardwoods to protect them. Sad.

This picture looks kind of dingy, but they finished tiling the guest bathroom. It'll look much better when they apply grout and we paint the room.

One of my requests when we were first discussing this construction project was heated floors in the master bathroom. Here's what the floor looks like before they install the heating coils. It looks like one big piece of LEGO. It's been an interesting process to watch.

Our home inspector wanted to make sure that the tile was installed correctly. Actually, he just liked that it was the coolest spot in the house.

I had a mild freak-out when I saw the placement of the box beams in the ceiling, since I thought that they would be more symmetrical. Since they hadn't gotten very far, they were able to change it. Scott bought Charlie and his crew lunch and all was better.

Here's how it looks now, I love it! They'll apply the crown around the boxes this week.

They also put the wainscotting in our kitchen nook. Thank you Naomi for suggesting this idea (and millions of other great ideas), it looks fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment