Our second stop in the Galapagos was Floreana Island. Floreana was the first island to be inhabited, but never became as populated as Santa Cruz or Isabella. There are currently about 200 residents on Floreana, so the population grew drastically when our motley crew arrived.
Our boat was graciously greeted by this little guy.
On Floreana we had our first snorkeling trip. We don't have an underwater camera, but I can tell you that we saw amazing marine life including colorful fish (I found Nemo!) and sea turtles. The highlight for me was swimming with sea lions-the little guys are playful and love to swim and dive amongst the snorkelers. Such a treat. We even saw one little rambunctious sea lion chase a shark. Incredible.
They are just so cute-thanks for swimming with us today.
We embarked on a small hike.
To see more Giant Tortoises.
I was really nervous about going on a tour as Scott and I like to keep moving when we travel, but we got lucky with our group: Nichola (far left) and her son Ewan (far right) from the UK, Manolo our guide, me, Wolfram from Germany, Meiko and Yasushi from Tokyo, and Scotty. We were like the United Nations and had a wonderful time.
Enjoying the view of Floreana.
Another little guy.
Pelican.
Our little row of cabins.













No comments:
Post a Comment