On our way to Isabella Island we were joined by a few of the locals: about 200 dolphins surrounded the boat.
Amazing experience.
Galapagos is known for their blue footed boobies. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not much of a bird watcher but these birds are impressive with their blue feet.
It's not as bright on camera, in person their feet are a brilliant blue.
One of the things I was most excited to see in the wild were penguins. We only saw two, but it made me very happy.
Flamingos (Penelope's favorite animal.)
We visited a tortoise breeding center, where these little guys (probably two or three years old) were eating their breakfast.
Apparently they are not concerned about personal space.
A middle aged turtle 'running' to his meal.
I don't think I took many pictures of Iguanas, but they were EVERYWHERE...but not as cute as the sea lions. This guy looks like a dinosaur.
Our little hotel in Isabella.
The map on the side of a building was helpful in understanding the Galapagos. We flew into Baltra, and stayed in Santa Cruz, Isabella, and Floreana.
Galapagos is well known for Charles Darwin's research regarding evolution and natural selection. He was especially interested in how similar birds had slightly different characteristics on various islands as they adapted to the needs of their surroundings. His name carries on thru a research station focusing on preserving the marine life in the Galapagos.
We saw another tortoise breeding center at the Darwin station. Success!
Ugly Iguanas.
These shirts are popular in town. No, we didn't buy one.
We wanted to take him home, but there wasn't any room in our backpacks.
Saying goodbye to my new friend.
Another fantastic trip with my travel buddy!
Close to the wildlife.
Enoying our last Pisco sour. Another successful trip. Where should we go next?























No comments:
Post a Comment