We arrived in the Maldives yesterday.


On a quick side note, we flew Qatar airways from Nepal to the Maldives and they offer really cheap business class upgrades for the same day. We are becoming spoiled!
We arrived to find that it was very windy and rainy. I had imagined a romantic seaplane ride to the resort and instead we attempted to land twice, had to circle around, and ended up at a neighboring island before taking a boat in. I hadn't eaten much which was a good thing-I definitely would have lost my breakfast.
We are checking off another bucket list item by staying in an overwater bungalow with stairs straight into the water-it's pretty dreamy. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night thinking that someone was breaking in to the room only to realize that a storm was blowing through and some driftwood was banging against the pillar below us. From the highest peak to the ocean, that's how we roll!
At dinner last night we made a list of all of the modes of transportation we've experienced so far:
Big planes
Little plane (Lukla)
Walked/trekked
Rode in SUV
Rode an elephant
Seaplane
Helicopter
Speedboat
Bike rickshaw
Bike rickshaw
And today we will add swimming/snorkeling.
A few pics:
Our bungalow.
Deck with a view.






1 comment:
So so gorgeous!!!! Enjoy guys!!
Post a Comment