Sunday, September 17, 2017

Jaipur

Our visit to Jaipur started at the Amer Fort. Similar to the fort we saw the other day, this Fort was both for protection and a palace for the Maharaja. It also has amazing architecture and artwork.

We traveled by elephant. While I'm told they are well taken care of, I did feel a bit guilty.








From there we explored the palace. 






We also visited the palace in the middle of the city. Similar to the other palaces we visited, this Maharaja still lives in part of the structure, and obtains his wealth by owning many of the hotels nearby.




This pretty structure is just a facade, created so the Queens had a place to see royal parades.
Monu, our driver. He keeps us on track and has made this trip so enjoyable.
This lovely lady let me take a picture of her Sari.
I'm told these women are local tv stars. They were filming at the fort.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the bright vibrant colors !!